JSC “Quadra - Power Generation” carries out electricity and thermal energy production activities.
In this connection the primary goals of JSC “Quadra - Power Generation” in the sphere of ecological policy are:
- minimization of negative influence of CHPPs on the environment;
- observance of the nature protection laws;
- performance of the nature protection actions stipulated by the requirements of improvement notices of supervising authorities:
- Territorial Administration of Rosprirodnadzor (Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Use) of the Russian Federation;
- Territorial Administration of Rostekhnadzor (Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Inspection) of the Russian Federation;
- Territorial Administration of Rospotrebnadzor (Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare) of the Russian Federation;
- Authorities of the environmental prosecutor's office.
In order to meet the assigned tasks, each branch and production unit issued an order to appoint the persons from among the first managers to take responsibility for observance of the laws in the field of the environment preservation. The structure of branches have services, sectors on the environment preservation, where ecological engineers work, who arrange the nature protection activities, carry out control over the influence of industrial sites of the branches on the environment and keep reporting.
The production units of the branches of JSC “Quadra - Power Generation” have permits to emissions, permits to water use, permits to pollutant discharge to water facilities and permits to production and consumption waste disposal in the nature habitat. The Company elaborated and approved norms of influence on the environment.
The “Plans of performance of the actions ensuring compliance with the requirements of legislative acts and normative acts on the environment preservation” were developed to decrease the influence of the production units of the branches of JSC “Quadra - Power Generation” on the environment, the main principles of which are:
- technological retooling and gradual decommissioning of out-of-date equipment, implementation of modern existing technologies in the process of production and delivery of thermal energy and electricity;
- holding of monitoring of the influence of CHPPs of JSC “Quadra - Power Generation” on the environment;
- holding of repairs of nature protection facilities and equipment to ensure observance by the company of the nature protection legislation;
- rational use of water resources by thermal power plants;
- obtaining and prolongation of permits to nature management.
In 2014, the expenses of JSC “Quadra - Power Generation” for performance of the action plan on the environment preservation were RUR 34 mn.